The English at ‘The Edge” website allows us to work together to share ideas, to work collaboratively on a project, and to help each other learn. Netiquette is the term used to describe the various ways we interact socially online. Here are some Netiquette Rules to remember when posting:
- BE SAFE. Do not post personal information about yourself or others, such as ages, addresses, towns, phone numbers, or even places that are visited on the internet.
- BE TRUTHFUL. Use correct facts from reliable, credible sources.
- CHECK IT. Read it, re-read it, and proof-read it BEFORE you click enter. Use spellcheck and double-check for accuracy. When you are certain about your post, then hit SAVE.
- FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. Be sure to follow the directions that are given for
the assignment, as well as keep ‘on topic’.
- EDIT CAREFULLY. Do not delete someone’s work deliberately unless it is part of the editing process.
- BE NICE. Words can hurt…Remember to treat others like you want to be treated.
Netiquette Song: It’s All About RESPECT
Online Etiquette Cartoon
Think Before You Post!
What is an ECD and BYOD?
What is a Blog?
What is Google Docs?